Activision Blizzard's new First Person Shooter (FPS) game Call of Duty: Black Ops has been confirmed as the UK's number one videogame this Christmas. The game has beaten many other popular titles to clinch the top spot in the Christmas gaming charts, including FIFA 11 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.
Call of Duty: Black Ops has sold over 3 million copies since launching last month and is one of only three titles to top the £100 million revenue mark in the UK. In fact, it has now been revealed that the title's total sales in the week before Christmas managed to amass a colossal £345 million in total revenue.
The full top ten for the week was as follows:
- 1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
- 2. FIFA 11 (EA)
- 3. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (EA)
- 4. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
- 5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
- 6. Gran Turismo 5 (SCEE)
- 7. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo)
- 8. Medal of Honor (EA)
- 9. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
- 10. Prof Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo)
For fans of FPS games, this title is definitely one to own. If you haven't managed to purchase a copy yet, it might be worth spending a little of that Christmas cash and trying it out for yourselves. We promise that you will not be disappointed.