Today is the 26th of December 2010, and as promised we will now provide you with the answers to our Big Christmas Gaming Quiz. However, before we start. Here is a quick reminder of how the quiz is scored:
There are twenty questions in total. A correct answer is worth 5 points. Maximum score is 100 points. Correct answers are written in green. Good Luck!
IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED THE QUIZ YET, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE QUIZ SCREEN...
1) The Mario Brothers recently celebrated an important anniversary, but how many years has it been since their creation?
- 10 years
- 25 years (5 pts)
- 35 years
2) What is the name of the mysterious character in the Nintendo DS game 'Rooms'?
- Mr. X (5 pts)
- Mr. Strange
- Mr. Lurch
3) Kratos is the main character in which well-known videogame series? Is it:
- God of War (5 pts)
- Metal Gear Solid
- Resident Evil
4) The game Call of Duty: Black Ops was launched on the 9th of October 2010, but where was the Official UK Launch Party held?
- Battersea Powerstation (5 pts)
- The NEC Arena in Birmingham
- London's Apollo Theatre
5) What is the technical name for the process that the 3DS uses in order to create 3D images? Is it:
- Autostereoscopy (5 pts)
- Motion-Image Relay
6) Which game has the slogan "Play With Life"?
- The Sims 3 (5 pts)
- Metal Gear Solid
- My Baby 2
7) Which of these titles is NOT a Lego Game?
- Lego Indiana Jones
- Lego Universe
- Lego Starship Troopers (5 pts)
8) What is Professor Layton's first name?
- Hershel (5 pts)
9) Which is the name of the cute virtual pet who has recently been launched for the PSP? Is it:
- EyePet (5 pts)
- Wonder Monkey
- Tiddles the Super Cat
10) Which of these Soap Operas is scheduled to be turned into a Nintendo DS game in late 2011?
- Coronation Street (5 pts)
11) Which of these titles is NOT a real Nintendo DS training game?
- Sight Training
- Face Training
- French Training (5 pts)
12) Which of the following characters is featured in the Sonic the Hedgehog videogames series?
- Tails (5 pts)
13) What other type of Nintendo games cartridge can be played on a Nintendo DS or DS lite console?
- GBA (5 pts)
14) Kyle Hyde is most commonly known as the main character in which Nintendo DS game?
- Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (5 pts)
- Secret Files: Tunguska
- Lost in Blue
15) How much is the 3DS console estimated to cost after it is launched in Japan next year?
- 25,000 Yen (5 pts)
- 35,000 Yen
- 45,000 Yen
16) Where is the latest Tom Clancy Ghost Recon game set?
- Sri Lanka (5 pts)
17) What is the title of the new Doctor Who DS game? Is it:
- Earth Escape
- Survival Earth
- Evacuation Earth (5 pts)
18) Which popular Game Developers are responsible for the games series Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy?
- Level 5 inc
- Square Enix (5 pts)
- Clap Handz
19) Which two popular characters are set to go head-to-head in a joint adventure game on the 3DS in late 2011?
- Lara Croft and Violette Summer
- Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright (5 pts)
- Mario and Sonic
20) Comedy Actor and TV Presenter, Stephen Fry lends his voice to the narration of which PSP game?
- ModNation Racers
- LittleBigPlanet (5 pts)
TOTAL SCORE: /100
How many questions did you get right? Check to see how well you did... Why not leave us a comment to let us know your final score? Who knows, you might just be a gaming genius!